June Bug

Paul Querna: RSS Feeds of the search results are built in. You can sub to them from any reader

<xmp>

Oh, joy.  Markup in titles, and dates without timezones.

Well, not to be vulgar but fuck. You just ate all my subscriptions.

I now have 2 options:

1) give up on bloglines
2) give up on intertwingly

Posted by Darryl at

oh. i have to keep buglines they added search.

New features but old bugs. Neat.

Posted by Darryl at

oh. i have to keep buglines they added search.

To quote from Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade: “He chose... poorly.”

The Dates are fixed.

Posted by Paul Querna at

The Dates are fixed.

Great!  How about the escaping problems that cause a properly-escaped XMP tag to render the rest of the Bloglines page in plain text?

Its an atom parsing bug on our end. Fixing atom parsing fully is a project. We know about it.  And my product manager would kill me if I promised any kind of date on when it will be live :)

PS: Thanks for the test cases included in the feedparser... they do make it easier :)

Posted by Paul Querna at

Time to segregate Intertwingly to its own folder in Bloglines (to contain the damage).

Posted by Justin Watt at

Its an atom parsing bug on our end.

The same thing can be accomplished with RSS 2.0 titles.

That would be a hole in Bloglines… but whose bug would it be?

Posted by Aristotle Pagaltzis at

My, what an uninteresting distinction.

Posted by Robert Sayre at

Is Paul a buglines employee?

If so that would be a huge step up in communication.

Posted by Darryl at

If you think the Bloglines search is bad, you should see what Google search is doing. Check out this search for "bleach alternatives". Yeah, they have markup in titles too, but I don’t really have a problem with that. Look at the message content though. All those comments on your Bleach Alternatives post that talk about markup elements (code, pre, tt, etc.) are happily passed through with no escaping. You can imagine how well that goes down in most aggregators.

P.S. For some reason, I’ve been getting a UnicodeEncodeError when I try and post a comment here using my real IRI. If I convert to a URI it works ok, but I’m sure I’ve used the IRI successfully before. Has something changed maybe or am I doing something stupid?

Posted by James Holderness at

Links for 2006-06-01 [del.icio.us]

Ask Blog Search launches Seth’s Blog: Being brave with names Sam Ruby: June Bug LKL’s Blog » Blog Archive » Website Tools - Laura K. Lawless No Shouting on Flickr at Binary Bonsai Library clips :: xFruits : RSS workhorse :: June...

Excerpt from The RSS Blog at

I get a ‘blocked’ message - but then again I have cookies turned on, and the problem seems to be mod_security which my hosting provider has installed.  It complains about the character encoding in the cookie.

I recently tweaked a number of aspects of my spam prevention - it wouldn’t surprise me if I broke something.

The real annoying thing - if everything worked as it should, and you hovered a link containing the correct IRI, you would instead see the PunyCode version — at least with FireFox 1.5 installed using the defaults.

test

Plagger!

So I’m really sick of Bloglines. I think Sam Ruby pushed me over the edge with his Atom exploit. (I......

Excerpt from dwc at

Bloglines Freedback: Reporting bugs

Let’s start with the magical incantation: bloglines freedbacking. Occasionally, I come across dodgy feeds or feed items. Sometimes it’s down to a malformed feed, other times it’s because Bloglines isn’t parsing the feed...

Excerpt from Keith’s Inklings at