phpMyId 0.7

Since I last looked at phpMyId, it has progressed from version 0.3 to version 0.7.  A number of changes occurred.

PHPMyID rocks

30 minutes from ssh-ing into my server to having my own (decrufted) OpenID. Many thanks to PHPMyID, Sam Ruby and openidenabled.com....

Excerpt from philwilson.org at

What a great update. Thanks, Sam. By the way, I checked phpMyID’s website and it seems it’s on version 0.8. Will your changes work in this version?

Thanks again.

Posted by anonymous at

Just testing if it works with version 0.8

Posted by anonymous at

How come my name doesn’t appear here whenever I use my OpenID enabled site? Hmmm

Posted by anonymous at

Just another test. Please feel free to delete this comment and others. Thanks.

Posted by anonymous at

Now all it needs is OpenID 2.0 support :)

I guess phpMyId will need to grow some more permanent storage capabilities if it gets extended to support Attribute Exchange.

Posted by James Henstridge at

links for 2007-12-30

White House Custom Colour - Professional Photographic Lab and Press Printer (tags: printing digital photography prints) jsdoc-toolkit (tags: javascript documentation tools javadoc) Sam Ruby: phpMyId 0.7 (tags: php OpenID provider)......

Excerpt from Full Speed at

TEST

Posted by Esa Indra at

An OpenID, via Wordpress/phpMyId, on Dreamhost

Returning to this venue, after long hiatus: hi! Today’s topic: So You Want To Get You One Of Them OpenIDs. And, you’re the sort of rugged DIY nerdo who hosts his own sites; and, you’re the sort of cheapskate who uses Dreamhost to...

Excerpt from Andy Boyko says things to you at

phpMyID

phpMyID is a “single user (though, if you were so inclined, you could easily turn it into a multi-user setup) IdP, or Identity Provider for the OpenID framework.” Just been updated to version 0.7. [ via full-speed ] Copyright © 2007 -...

Excerpt from David Bisset: Web Designer, Coder, Wordpress Guru at

links for 2007-12-30

Excerpt from Full Speed at

Links for 2008-01-24

gmail-greasemonkey – Google Code—Various Greasemonkey scripts that enhance Gmail (Tagged: code extensions firefox google javascript productivity greas greasemonkey gmail scripts). Alpine Messaging System—UW Alpine Information...

Excerpt from mitch's meanderings at

I had been flirting with setting up an OpenID for a while, and finally got around to it--thanks for the guidance. One thing about decrufting: I had to use the .htaccess files with my hosting, so instead of renaming anything, I just added

DefaultView MyID.config.php

to the .htacces file. How do you like YADIS? There are weakness to your Mod_Rewrite rules for it: you should set the Vary: Accept header, and what if, for some reason, Web browsers add application/xrds+xml to their accept headers?

Posted by Ryan Cannon at

Does this work now? I keep getting alternating pass and fail lines.

Posted by Eric Swanson at

OpenID

As I have been spending all day investigating all the different ways of securing a Web API (oAuth mainly) and all kind of user authentications (WSSE, AuthSub, OpenID), I decided to try out OpenID (especially since Yahoo announced their support and...

Excerpt from Plutinosoft at

testing my open id

Posted by anonymous at

Sam Ruby: phpMyId 0.7

[link]...

Excerpt from del.icio.us/tag/openid at

Testing

Posted by Trent at

hooray for personal openid servers

Posted by also testing at

And testing again because I fail.

Posted by anonymous at

phpMyID is great.  I just need to modify it to use my website’s user database :P

Posted by NTICompass at

This worked great up until phpMyID 0.9 (current). Has anyone else had any trouble? My yadis.rdf file doesn’t seem to be redirecting anymore, but maybe I’m doing something wrong?

Posted by Ryan Riley at

Thank you for this good tool. I have tested today. It’s easy to install and configure. I found a good article at [link]
And it’s not a spam of course

Posted by Wilfried at

Hi,

all’s great excepted the fact that we seem have to close the browser to be really logged out.
Thanks in all cases for the post.
;)

Posted by xion.luhnis at

The link to this page from “http://www.intertwingly.net/blog/2007/01/03/OpenID-for-non-SuperUsers” should be written with an enhanced font because you might miss when reading quickly.

I think that it’s not a problem having only one entry in the yadis.xrdf file that lists only my own openid ?

P.S. Thanks for phpMyID (by writing this post I’ll see if it works :))

Posted by Gamester at

Thanks for the tips--I got it working in no time.

Posted by Nathan Oliver at

I just upgraded from 0.3 to the latest version.  It still works like a charm!

Posted by Hank at

testing phpMyID.  Thanks for the useful info on phpMyID :)

Posted by Pradeep at

testing :)

Posted by anonymous at

Test. Thanks so much for the post Sam!

Posted by Scott at

Love the info. Thanks for updating the previous tutorial.

Posted by Jeff at

testing open id

Posted by zach at

Test -> it works! thanks man!

Posted by Alex Koti at

Hi - can I suggest adding somewhere a place to test your login, its hard to find anywhere - not on OpenId site or anywhere else to just type in an OpenId and see if it works.

I had a configuration error and Blogger just kept telling my I had an OpenId Failure (even worse it told me in German as that is where I am today!) but I had no idea if the problem was that it wanted the URL different or what.

Posted by Mitra Ardron at