Restoring floatflt.sty

Problem:

LaTeX Error: File `floatflt.sty' not found

Solution (to be run as root):

mkdir -p /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/floatflt
cd /usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/floatflt
rm -f floatflt.* float*.tex
wget http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/floatflt/floatflt.ins
wget http://mirror.ctan.org/macros/latex/contrib/floatflt/floatflt.dtx
latex floatflt.ins
texhash /usr/share/texmf-texlive

Explanation: floatflt has an unusual license which has been deemed unfree.  It was included in Ubuntu 9.10, but has been removed from Ubuntu 10.04Build instructions, however, are provided.

Can’t you just install the 9.10 package on your 10.4 system? At worst, I would expect it to be easy to “for-port” the package if it has incompatible dependencies.

Posted by Martin Atkins at

I install texlive, which includes texlive-latex-recommended which includes stuff I need, but doesn’t include  floatflt.  As near as I can tell, floatflt isn’t separately packaged on 9.10:

$ apt-cache search floatflt
texlive-latex-recommended - TeX Live: LaTeX recommended packages

I also want a solution that works going forward as new releases of Ubuntu come out.  As near as I can tell, the software is available without charge, I am complying with the license terms, and am installing it per the recommendations.

Thanks for this!

Posted by Donn at

Thank you for this. It worked.

Posted by Hasan at

It’s not just Ubuntu. floatflt has been pulled from all the texlive distributions.

Posted by Jacques Distler at

Great thanks!

Posted by Skiller at

Thanks! It worked for me too.

Posted by Tarkan at

THX

Posted by Aurelainus at

great! works fine with ubuntu maverik!

Posted by diploidocuss at

Thanks!

Posted by Jeff Martens at

What can I say.. I simply LOVE you!!! Thanks a lot for sharing this!! :D

Posted by Alecive at

Great. It help so much!!! Thanks.

Posted by Altamir at

Great Tut!
just copy’n paste and works perfectly!
thx

Posted by fraujansen at

On Ubuntu 10.10, I had to issue a ‘texconfig rehash’ as root in order for tex builds to find floatflt.sty.  Otherwise, it worked like a charm!

Posted by Don Porter at

International Journal for Uncertainty Quantification Latex Template

I had a bit of trouble getting the Latex document class, ij4uq.cls, for the new International Journal for Uncertainty Quantification to work on my install of Fedora 14, so I figured I’d share my recipe for making it work. The editor and journal...

Excerpt from Various Consequences at

This saved me some time today when I discovered that my Ubuntu install did not have floatflt. Thanks!

Posted by Lee Phillips at

On setting up vanilla TeX Live 2010 on Ubuntu and forcing AUCTeX to be friends with it

Hi everybody, I’ve been writing a paper to be submitted to the International Journal for Uncertainty Quantification and ran into some trouble trying to compile it with the provided LaTeX class file ij4uq.cls in my Ubuntu box. A regular Ubuntu...

Excerpt from Electric Death Metal at

온카지노Google had bigger company executives. Some were smarter. There were those who were more aggressive and those who were undoubtedly better at throwing sharp elbows. And more political companies - even if people who have run one of the most influential companies in the world continue to think of themselves as benign long after it became apparent to everyone else that it was not.

Most of them disappeared. Most are as rich as Croissus. But they are not at the pinnacle of one of the most powerful companies on Earth.

Because after all, a nice guy named Sundar Picha finished first. On Tuesday, Pichai was named chief executive officer of the company’s chassis, Alphabet, which was named the company’s chief executive, and there are a number of other initiatives that are not more impressive. The soft-spoken executive, born in India, has been promoted from product manager to vice president and Google chief executive officer. Now this big announcement.
[link]

Posted by 온카지노 at

Basketball is a good game that people connected with all ages can enjoy. It is a expert activity, and the idea may also be a game people do just to get the good workout in. If this sounds a sport you’d like to learn a good small more about, then read the following tips.To get lightening rapid dribbling, only like the pros, only use your finger guidelines on the ball. As soon as you use all of your hands and fingers, your dribbling will be very much reduced. Make this a part of your own practice classes until it will become 2nd nature to dribble having only the tips within your fingers.

Posted by 먹튀검증 at

Sports and games are of many types and named according to the rules and ways of playing them. Some of the sports are cricket, hockey (national game), football, basket ball, volley ball, tennis, running, skipping, high and low jumping, discus throw, badminton, rowing, swimming,  and many more.

Posted by 토토사이트 at

Wow, awesome blog layout! How long have you been blogging for?
you made blogging look easy. The overall look of your site iss magnificent, as well as the
content!