Email addresses

I have been telling all non-IBMers to not use my ibm.com email address for years, but this advice is routinely ignored.  I’ve repeated the reaons behind why I ask this enough times that it makes sense for me to post the reasons in one place so that I can point to it.

The back story is that 15 years ago I wrote some open source code in a programming language called Java.  I don’t use that language much any more, but I understand that it remains popular in some circles.  In any case, javadoc style comments encouraged sharing your email address, and my employer discouraged me from doing anything that would hide my relationship with them, so my email address was put out on the web.

The inevitable result is that I’m deluged with spam, most in languages I am not familiar with.

My personal email I have control over and the spam tools (all open source) I use are largely effective.  I don’t have that option with my corporate email.  As others within IBM don’t have this problem, I am clearly an outlier.

Over time, I was missing enough important work-related emails that I tought myself enough LotusScript to write a script that I can invoke as an ‘Action’.  This script identifies emails that were sent from outside of Lotus Notes and places them into a separate folder.  If I am alerted to the presence of a single email, and given enough information (like senders name and time it was sent) I can generally find the email; but in general people should assume that emails sent to my corporate email address from outside of IBM are never seen by me.

Another downside of this is that some of my IBM email is sent from service machines that don’t interface directly with Lotus Notes.  That means that I miss some important updates.  And important reminders.  Eventually such reminders copy my manager, who sends them on to me.

Apparently there is plans in the works to migrate corporate email to the “cloud”.  Perhaps that will be better.  Perhaps I will need to find a way to reimplement my filter or equivalent.  Or perhaps it won’t be something that I won’t need to worry about any more.

[link]

Posted by YESSUNIL@GMAIL.COM at

I loved the way you discuss the topic great work thanks for the share.

Posted by Do MY Computer Science Project at

I loved the way you discuss the topic great work thanks for the share Your informative post.

Posted by Programming Assignment Help at

I’ve connected with do vet nursing during uni next quite a while. I’ve applied for both foundation courses and bachelors courses and I’m still deciding which one I’m going to do. Both sorts from claiming level imply I’d make qualified as a vet attendant The point when I’ve completed. You quit offering on that one thing I’m worried around on the bachelors may be the dissertation toward the limit thus i might have been only wondering how diligent it will be to complete.

Posted by nursing dissertation at

kill u
kill u
  kill u
kill u
kill u
kill u
kill u
kill u
kill u
kill u
kill u

Posted by aamir khan at

14 June to 15 July 2018 Russia will sponsor the 21st FIFA global CupTM.  it will be a month-lengthy competition of football imparting 32 golf equipment from all nook of the globe.  The event’s sixty four fits might be accomplished in eleven host places throughout Russia, with the outlet ceremony and opening match, one of the Semi-finals in addition to the very last planned to occur in the legendary Luzhniki Stadium in Moscow.
FIFA World Cup 2018 Venues List
Fifa World Cup 2018 Schedule pdf

Posted by fifa world cup 2018 at

The Indianapolis 500 is an automobile race held annually at Indianapolis Motor Speedway in Speedway, Indiana, an enclave suburb of Indianapolis, Indiana. The event is held over Memorial Day weekend in late May indy 500 live streaming.

Posted by indy 500 live stream at

Learning on  proficient abilities to enhance your current job.You can procure more cash when you turn out to be so great in your aptitudes. Functioning the  important work-related emails that through the prolong]script identifies emails easier to become get updates.

Posted by U K Dissertation Writing Service at

Thank you for sharing this is awesome blog thanks a lot for giving me this great opportunity to write on this.please visit our website I assure you that it will be very useful for you.

Posted by impossible game at

There are many students who are appearing for SSLC Examination must share Email ID with official website only. As intertwingly & Team has said that “Do not share your email id any where” due to security purpose. You may encourage by anyone to share your Email ID..!

Posted by SSLC Result 2018 at

some other drawback of this is that a number of my IBM electronic mail is despatched from provider machines that don’t interface immediately with Lotus Notes. meaning that I leave out a few critical updates. And important reminders. finally such reminders replica my supervisor, who sends them directly to me.

Posted by Assignment Writing Services UK at

Doing nice work. thanks a lot for sharing  a nice information with us. UP Police Constable Admit Card 2018
UP Police Answer Key
UP Police Cut Off Marks

Posted by UP Police Cutoff Marks at

auto insurance quotes online, car insurance quotes online, cheap auto insurance company, cheap car insurance company, cheap car insurance quotes, compare auto insurance quotes, get car insurance quotes,
Car Auto Insurance Company 2018, Best Cheap Car Insurance Company, Buy Auto Insurance Free Online, Best Car Insurance Quotes Online, Get Free Quotations for Auto Car Insurance, Cheap Insurance Companies, what is insurance company, insura, insurance jobs, insurance policy, american insurance, bike insurance company, aig insurance, ins insurance company, insurance coverage

FIFA 2018 world cup opening ceremony matches updates, 2018 FIFA world cup date, time, venue, events, HD videos, youtube, schedule, fixtures, Russia FIFA world live match tickets, Ticketmaster, FIFA world cup 2018 Luzhniki Stadium live, opening ceremony of FIFA 2018 world cup in Russia, watch online FIFA 2018 live stream, FIFA 2018 world cup on tv channels opening ceremony
fifa 2018 world cup live streaming
fifa 2018 world cup opening ceremony
race 3 box office collection
car auto insurance company

Posted by race 3 box office income at

Thank you for making my party successful! The idea is great and quite simple. Have more meaningful posts to share with everyone.

Posted by slope at