Web Components

Brian Leroux: ES6 and Web Components

Good overview.  Issues:

My take is that this talk lumps React in with others based on when it was introduced; but that it is fundamentally different from, say Angular.js as Angular.js is from jQuery.  Compared to the alternatives, react is more imperative, and is based on a virtual DOM.  It also can run in both the server and the client.

Brian suggests that you view source on http://brian.io/date-today/.  What you don’t see when you do that is today’s date.  I’d suggest that the ideal would be a page where you do see today’s date — even if JavaScript is disabled.  And for you to be able to interact with that page in ways that involve the server.

I have my own page on which I would suggest that you view source: calendar-demo (Update: that site is down, try this static snapshot).  Use the left and right arrow buttons to go to the previous and next months.  Viewing source reveals that the page is delivered pre-rendered, and only after the content is delivered are script libraries loaded.  Traversing to the next and previous months are pretty snappy despite the fact that there has been no optimization: in particular, there are no anticipatory prefetches.  Nor is data retained should you go back to a previous month.  Neither of these changes would be hard to implement.

Source is available in svn.  Check it out, do a bundle update to get the dependencies, run rake if you want to run a few tests, and run rackup to start a local server.

I must say that being able to define a component with all of the rendering, client, and server logic in one place is very appealing to me.

Brian suggests authoring source in ES6, and targeting ES5.  My preference would be to work towards building a language that is to ES6 as CoffeeScript is to ES5.  At the moment, my experimentation along those lines is happening in Ruby2JS.

React Native looks worth watching.  Perhaps as my calendar is using flexbox, I will be able to quickly build an Android or IOS equivalent.

I get a 403 Forbidden trying to access your calendar-demo.

Posted by Charles at

Bummer.  The system administration staff at the ASF took this down while debugging an unrelated problem.

Oh awesome! Yes this talk is a big work-in-progress as the story unfolds. Key points where indeed key: Angular, Polymer and React all should be regarded as somewhat risky. YUI did have a good run but, in contrast, Dojo is still running. Facebook has stated to me that they want to see community stewardship for React, so that is positive.

HTML Imports: I jive with Mozilla on this one. Service Worker and ES6 Modules APIs are on the immediate horizon which means an HTML Imports could be be a library, even in its own Custom Element. mind blown

Why do I like Custom Elements? Well, it is a very tiny polyfill so it works everywhere that Angular Directives, React Components, Ember Components and other what-have-you things do, for less payload cost. The concept is good, and that code has the most likely path to standardization. That is what I like about 'em. YMMV.

I def don’t lump Custom Elements in with React. Now that said, a Virtual DOM is not a technology incapable of dissolving into the web platform. I kind of expect it (or something like it) will find its way into browsers. It wouldn’t be that much work to bolt a vdom on the Custom Element lifecycle, for someone else. ;)

And I have not even considered prerendering Custom Elements! Totally doable when a server is involved but not possible with a plain old static HTML page. Now that does seem like a bug. No easy answer there, but I am happy that the markup source does tell the correct story even if it takes javascript to do it. Tools like React and Ember create swaths of strange markup complete with generated ids and occasional inline styles.

Other languages: yes pls! Key suggestion there: distribute compiled ES5 source, ideally on npm, so I don’t have to learn your build pipeline or module system.

Last thought/spoiler alert: React Native is totally awesome. =)

Posted by Brian LeRoux at

Web program component in Visual Basic express version. I saw that the old and new web program in Visual Basic slacks a great deal. Is there some other library segment for a superior web program If not then would somebody be able to disclose to me how to make a web program segment for Visual Basic. Intuitive for the html instruments from the bed on the correct board of the net beans however this requires some polished methodology the best thing I think u can do is to outline your site page utilizing the net beans with the guide of Dreamweaver.

Posted by Write My Essay at

This is really good information found here, I really like your blog. Thanks.

Posted by Wondershare PDF Converter Pro at

It is a fantastic blog its really inspiring and full fill with knowledge

Posted by Tshirt Printing London at

very nice article to read . god bless u mate

Posted by Gmailcom-loginsignin at

Nice work and comment .Keep going your best .

Posted by https://getcracksoftware.com/ at

A very awesome blog post. We are really grateful for your blog post. You will find a lot of approaches after visiting your post.
I think this is one of the most vital info for me. And i’m glad reading your article. But wanna remark on few general things, the articles is really excellent : Good job, cheers Pandora One Apk Cracked

Posted by Emily at

Web program element in Visual Basic specific version. I saw that the recent and new net program in Visual Basic lacks a good deal. Is there another library phase for a superior net program If not then would someone be ready to confide in Pine Tree State a way to create an internet program phase for Visual Basic.

Posted by Assignment Writing Help UK at